As of May 25th, 2018, anyone who markets to, or processes the information of EU residents will now be required to provide transparency about tracking cookies on your website. You are also required to provide a way for contacts to opt out of being tracked.
To help meet this new standard, BenchmarkONE has updated our website tracking feature with an option to ask website visitors if they want to allow cookies before you track them in the system. Anyone that opts in will be tracked for 90 days, at which point we will ask again for future consent in order to continue tracking.
Setting up your cookie opt-in banner:
Head to Tools > Webpage Tracking. Be sure to check the box if you're located in the EU or work with EU residents.
Once checked, you'll have the option to:
- Use BenchmarkONE's default Cookies Banner. If you use this, you will be able to choose between a light and dark theme and the placement of this banner at either the top or bottom of your website; or
- Use your own opt-in method. If you choose to do this, you will make a call to trigger the opt-in for BenchmarkONE.
What will the Opt-in Banner look like?
Below are the four combos we offer for out-of-the box solutions.
Light theme / top position
Light theme / bottom position
Dark theme / top position
Dark theme / bottom position
When will BenchmarkONE drop a tracking cookie?
- If the contact clicks "accept" we will track this contact and will not ask again for 90 days.
- If the contact clicks "Do not show again" we will not track this contact and will not ask them again for 90 days.
- If the contact clicks the "x" to close we will not track this contact, but will ask them again the next time the contact returns to your website.
Looking for more information on GDPR? Check out these articles: