To make sure your import process goes smoothly, here are some guidelines for organizing and saving your spreadsheet before you start.
- File types accepted are .CSV, .XLS and .XLSX
- Ensure there are less than 10,000 contacts on each file before importing
- Separate each value into its own column. This includes first name, last name, street address, city, state, zip code, etc.
- Label your columns in the first row of your file *note: if importing both contact and company information be sure and label those appropriately
- Each value you would like created as a custom field (for both contacts and companies) should be placed in its own column
- Tags should be separated by commas in the same cell or into separate columns
- If you are importing Sales Reps for each contact or company, that should be in it's own column and assigned using the Hatchbuck user's email address
Some other great resources on importing your spreadsheet: