-- If you prefer a video walk through, check out this video.
One of the exciting automation features in BenchmarkONE is the ability to trigger automation's based on things that are happening in your eCommerce integrations. Take a look at how these purchase rules work.
You can automate when:
- New Customer is added
- Customer makes their first purchase
- Customer purchases a specific type of product
- Customer purchases a specific product
- Company Refunds customer for any item
- Company Refunds Customer for specific product
- Order is greater than $X
- Refund is greater than $X
Note: Before you add purchases into a Contact Record (manually or automatically), you should set up your Products and Product Categories.
Creating a Purchase Rule
- Navigate to Tools > Rules > + New Rule.
- Choose Purchase Rule.
- Name your purchase rule.
- Select a trigger from the drop down options. If a required field populates from your selection here, complete the remaining information (ex: Trigger is "Customer purchases a specific product," then you will need to choose which product).
- Click Continue. Now it's time to decide what you want this tag rule to trigger. Add as many automated actions as you wish, but make sure they make sense.
** Note: These automations will trigger immediately when the contact meets the parameters you defined.
Your completed rule will look something like this:
- Product Category: Your customer purchases one item from a product category (Coffee beans from the Beverage Category) you can start them on a campaign based around that category (introducing them to your other Beverage options). Or add a tag to their record with that Category.
- Order greater than $X amount: Your customer make a purchase greater than $100, you can automate a "Thank You" email with a coupon code. Or you can ask them to refer you to their friends on social media.