By using BenchmarkONE, you have the right software, but what about your actual strategy? How do you know if you’re using the right content and frequency for optimal success? We’ve assembled some tips and guidelines to ensure that your plan is as effective as your tools.
Your Email Marketing Must-Haves:
- Useful Content. Make sure the content within your emails is high-quality and provides something useful for your audience. For example, include market trends or stats, how-to’s, or a link to a whitepaper.
- Exclusive Offer. This could be a special promotion that you’re offering your subscribers, like a discount on your service or software. Not every email needs to have this, but it doesn’t hurt to include these in your email marketing when you have a promo or a special release happening.
- Personality. Don't be generic. Make the text creative and fun, so your audience will enjoy reading it and be engaged. Keep it consistent, too, so readers can quickly identify the tone of your brand over time.
- Clarity. Omit needless words and over communication, which can make your emails cluttered and confusing. Short and sweet is the way to go.
- Segmentation. Don’t send the same email to everyone on your list. Each person has different needs and questions, so make sure you identify where they are in the buyer’s journey so you can send them content that is more applicable to them.
- Call-To-Action. Your CTA is essential because the goal of your email messaging is to encourage action from your recipients. Use one call-to-action only for the best results.
- Personalization. Make sure you address your recipients by name. Segmentation will also help you keep your emails personalized.
- Share Functionality. Facilitate ways for people to share your content with their social network.
The Dos and Don’ts of Email Marketing:
- DON’T send emails too often because that can annoy your subscribers, and even make them unsubscribe from your messaging. For a general nurture email campaign, try sending one or two emails every month or so.
- DON’T skip sending an email message several months in a row. This could make your subscribers forget that they opted-in to your messaging and lead to a SPAM complaint, or an unsubscribe.
- DO be useful by sending content that is important and helpful to your recipients. Simply sending emails for the sake of sending them wastes your time and your prospects’ time.
- DO respond quickly the first time someone gives you information/visits your website. Subscribers click through more often right after they subscribe, and you lose more as time goes on.
- DO measure results. Always validate and measure the success of your emails/campaigns by looking at the open rate, click-through rate (CTR), bounces, spams, etc.