Whether you use Hatchbuck on the Trigger or Action side, you'll be able to send and/or receive data on the contact level (including contact custom fields!).
Before you start, retrieve your Hatchbuck API key head to: Account Settings > Data > API > Generate New API Key
Then set up your Zap in Zapier:
Choose a Trigger
- Click "Make a Zap" within Zapier and choose which application will be on the Trigger side. You may also select "Use this Zap" from our integrations page which can be found by going to Account Settings > Integrations.
- Choose a 'Trigger App' where the automation will initiate.
- Choose a 'Trigger' which is the condition that starts a series of automations within Hatchbuck.
- Connect your Account. You can either connect a new Account or choose from an existing one.
- Test your Zap and make sure everything in connected properly.
Choose an Action
- Choose an App where the "effect" or automations will take place
- If Hatchbuck is your trigger app, Select "Hatchbuck" from the integration list.
- Choose the Action, or, what will be triggered in Hatchbuck. Your Available Actions are:
- Create/Update Contact - this will create a new contact in Hatchbuck or updating an existing contact
- Add a Tag - this action will create a contact (if one doesn’t already exist in Hatchbuck) and add a tag to their record. Remember: With Tag Rules, you have access to all the automation functionality within Hatchbuck by using this action
- Connect your Account. When connecting, you will see this prompt, enter your API key that you grabbed at the beginning
- Setup your template: this is where you will identify which fields will be passed into Hatchbuck.
- Here are some guidelines for mapping your Hatchbuck actions:
- Always make sure to select an email address and type and choose a Contact Status for every action you create. These fields are required.
- You can use the zap to create a new tag OR copy one from your database
- Note that any contact added, updated, or tagged through Zapier will be assigned to the sales rep whose API key was used
Here are some screenshots of action set ups:
Zaps to Try:
Check out the Hatchbuck Zap Book and take a look at their list of available apps, or head to the Integrations section of Hatchbuck (Account Settings > Integrations) for pre-built Zaps you can quickly use.