When you have an online form on your site, you will most likely want several automations to occur once someone presses the submit button.
Remember: All Tags and Custom Fields included in your form will automatically be added to the Contact Record.
- Once form setup is completed, you will be brought to the Automations page.
- Select any and all automations that make sense based on that form submission (you can add as many as you like!)
You can view and edit the automations you have applied from the Automations Tab after you have completed and saved your form.
Common Automations for Online Forms:
- Create Task - Create a personalized task associated to the contact and assign it to a specific user or the contact's sales rep. This notification will only be received in the "task" section of Hatchbuck.
- Send Notification - Send a personalized notification to a specific user, the contact's sales rep or an outside email address. You may also send the notification to multiple users if you separate their email addresses by commas in the "Email Address" text area. This notification differs from a task, as a notification is sent via email. You will set the subject line and body of the notification, so injecting personalization fields in both are available. Since this is an action on a form, you may include the form data in the notification.
- Start a Campaign - Kick off a campaign for a contact based on the type of information contained in the form (e.g. Was the form in order to receive an eBook about a certain industry you serve? Start them on a campaign specific to that).
- Stop a Campaign - Stop a specific campaign or all campaigns running for a contact. If this form is requesting a meeting, demo, or trial, you may want to switch to a more personal touch and stop your automated emails.
- Tag a Contact - Add a tag based on what the form means to you. Is this a newsletter signup form? Tagging the contact "Newsletter Signup" allows you to easily pull by that segment in the future.
- Update Contact Record - You can update contact status, sales rep, temperature, lead source, and/or referral source. Perhaps your contacts are currently listed in the "Lead" status of your pipeline. If they submit this form, you may want to automatically move them to something warmer, like a prospect or opportunity status! Lead source is a great use here as well if you are using different forms for several landing pages and social media sites. Tracking where your leads come from is helpful for understanding your ROI.