-- If you prefer a video walk through, check out this video.
Automating your processes saves you time and allows you to focus on the more important aspects of growing your business, like meeting with customers, developing your products and celebrating your wins!
One of our favorite automation features is the Tag Rule function. It is designed to automate an action or series of actions based on a tag reaching a certain score.
Here's how it works:
Set up your tags so that they automatically rack up points on contacts when they take certain actions, such as selecting a field on an online form, visiting a certain webpage, or clicking a particular link in an email (see this article about setting up your tags).
- Navigate to Tools > Rules > + New Rule.
- Choose Tag Rule.
- Name your Tag Rule.
- Select a tag that's already in your system.
- Set the score that the tag should reach to trigger automation. Best practice is to start lower than you think. Unless you have much higher traffic than the average business, try setting a score between 2 and 5.
- Click Continue. Now it's time to decide what you want this tag rule to trigger. Add as many automated actions as you wish, but make sure they make sense.
** Note: These automations will trigger immediately when the contact meets the parameters you defined.
The most common ways people use Tag Rules are to:
- Send the Sales Rep a Notification (email) to follow up with the contact.
- Create a Task within Hatchbuck for the Sales Rep to follow up with the contact.
- Start a Campaign based around that tag segment.
- Send an Email with a promotion specific to that tag segment.
- Update the Contact Record to a warmer contact status (ex: automatically moving the contact from a cold lead to a prospect status).
Here's an example:
As a gym owner, I have set up my system to give contacts a "Nutrition Interest" tag when:
- They visit the Nutrition page on my website;
- Click a link to an article about Nutrition Tips;
- Indicate they are interested in Nutrition in my "Tag Comb" drop-down on my Online Form.
I set up my "Nutrition Interest" tag rule to look like this:
- Updated the Contact Record - I want to move them to a "Prospect" status to reflect their engagement level.
- Start Campaign - I have started them on my Prospect General Nurture Campaign to begin providing them valuable information.
- Create a Task - I have created a task for my salesperson to give them a call.
Using Tag Rules, I can automatically send the right information to the right people at the right time, and add a personal touch to my highly engaged leads.