-- If you prefer a video walk through, check out this video.
Hatchbuck drops cookies on individual web browsers in order to track their visits to your website. Because of this, we only track 2 types of people:
- Contacts who click on links within your emails sent out of Hatchbuck
- Contacts who fill out a Hatchbuck online form
Search Parameter Pages
Hatchbuck's Webpage Tracking feature is state of the art, but due to technical limitations, you cannot put webpage tracking on search parameter pages.
To start tracking and monitoring contact activity on your website –
1) To access your Tracking Code, navigate to Tools > Webpage Tracking
2) Click the "TRACKING CODE" button:
3) A modal box will appear that provides your unique tracking script. If you require EU privacy compliance, be sure to select that box –
4) Copy the code provided, and place it in your website after the first <body> tag and before the closing </body> tag of your constant header or footer.
Adding the code to your site will look something like this:
This is where all your content in the body of your page will be.
INSERT WEBPAGE TRACKING CODE HERE
Placing the code in the constant header or footer of your site will allow Hatchbuck to pull in all of your pages as contacts navigate through your website. You will not need to manually add each page. Instead, those pages will automatically pull into Hatchbuck.
5) Once the code is up on your site, add yourself as a contact in the database (if you hadn't already). You will make yourself a "tracked contact" by filling out a Hatchbuck form or clicking a link from a Hatchbuck email you send yourself. Then, navigate through your website to pull all pages in at once.
To Bring In Pages Individually –
1) Navigate to Tools > Webpage Tracking
2) Click the "+ TRACK WEBPAGE" button and you will be brought to this screen:
3) Name your page (ex: Home page, Pricing Page) and copy/paste the page URL.
4) Choose to folder the webpage, especially if you have many URL's or will be tracking multiple websites.
5) Lock the webpage to keep other users (besides admins) from making edits.
Adding Automations –
You will be ready to add automations to your webpages once you have the tracking code placed on your site and your webpages pulled into Hatchbuck.
1) Click into the specific page that you would like to add automations to, then use the blue "Edit Automations" button to open the automation editor.
2) Next, click the blue "+ New Automation" button to open the modal box of available automations –
3) Choose which automations you would like to trigger once a tracked contact visits that page. You can add more than one to each webpage!
- Best practice: Think about your segments and add tags to your webpages that reflect those segments. For example, add an interest tag to your webpage dedicated to that particular product/service (Tag: Red Wine Interest). Doing this will ensure visitors to your site will rack up that tag and auto-segment themselves.
4) As you add your automation(s), you can specify if you'd like them to be triggered based on every visit or just the first time that contact visits the page –
5) When you have finished applying your automations, click "Finish" to save.