Head to Tools > Webpage Tracking
Click the button "Tracking Code" –
A modal box will appear that provides your unique tracking script. If you require EU privacy compliance, be sure to select that box. Then "Copy to Clipboard" –
Within your Weebly admin portal:
- Go to the Settings tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the SEO tab on the left.
- Paste the script from your webpage tracking in Hatchbuck into the Footer area provided.
This will apply the tracking code to every page of your website - you do not need to do this to each individual page.
- Add yourself as a user in the database, become a Tracked Contact* (by either filling out a form, or clicking a link from a Hatchbuck email) then navigate through every page in your site to pull them in all at once.
- Next, add a title and automations to each page that has been pulled in to Hatchbuck. Best practice: Think about your segments and add tags to your webpages that reflect those segments (ex: add a Red Wine tag to your webpage dedicated to Red Wine). That way visitors to the site will rack up that tag and auto-segment themselves into Red Wine lovers!
IMPORTANT: Tracked Contacts*
Hatchbuck drops cookies on individual web browsers in order to track their visits to your website. Because of this, we ONLY track 2 types of people:
- People who click on links within your emails sent out of Hatchbuck
- People who fill out your Hatchbuck online form